Thursday, October 20, 2005

Yom Kippur

You know, I really don't like hurricanes. Hurricane Wilma is sitting down near Mexico, waiting for its flight into Orlando. I'm not sure how vulnerable we are, but most of us aren't scared. And by most, I mean everyone but me. I'm pretty damn scared. I think it's mostly because I've got so much to lose. I'm pretty certain we aren't liable for any damages to the apartment, but my car could get tossed around fairly easily. I don't have money to pay for any damages or a replacement. So that would mean I'd be taking the bus to school every morning; definitely something I'm trying to avoid.

***
I finally received my living expense check this month. I don't know why I put an emphasis on "finally", since I wasn't really expecting it sooner. I think it was because some of my classmates had received theirs a month or two ago. But that is mostly explained by the fact that I tested out of a month. I was under the impression that this rent check would cover the remainder of my school term (11 more months). The check is for $6460. So I double checked my emails and one of the documents implies I'll be getting another (smaller) check in June. So ... I'm still going to be a bit tight on cash. But at least I can pay off my credit card now.

***
Chill and Del are playing WoW together in some PvP (Player versus Player) event. Being in the same room as a teammate is a good thing. They can quickly communicate with each other to plot strategies. Well, the only side effect is that the other roommate (myself) would rather not listen to them bitch and moan the entire time. School is really wearing me thin this month.

***
Next month I'll only have SGP, so it really shouldn't be a problem. But I could really strangle a few teammates right about now. I'll admit I haven't been the best teammate, and I'm easily distracted. But at least I have the majority of my projects done, and what I'm missing shouldn't take long to finish. And my projects aren't of high importance, so we'd only lose a few points if I messed up. The tile editor, however, is a BIG part of our score. Saturday 8am is the when our work is due. It has to be burned onto a CD, so the absolute latest anything could be finished is 7am. Technically, that's 36 hours from now, but I know no one of us would work that much.

With school at 1pm tomorrow, I can probably get away with watching Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King tonight and still finish my projects. I'll probably work on my homework first though ... like a good boy. :)

2 Comments:

At 2:19 AM, Blogger Tony said...

Wilma should only be a Cat-1 when it hits Florida, according to the news. Still a hurricane, though, but not bad enough to chuck your car into the sea.

PS: Yom Kippur?

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger TT said...

Plus, Orlando is pretty far inland to take all that much damage from any hurricane. They got hit pretty good a couple times last year, but my understanding is that that's pretty rare. And I don't think it did much car tossing. Signs, trees, a few roofs, yes. Probably try to avoid parking under a tree.

Lot's of rain though. May also spin off some tornados. But it's not like it would be if you were right on the coast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home