We're moving to a bigger apartment at the end of the month. We'll be in the same apartment complex, but a different building and a different floor. I went to the office to double check on our status and they said that we are scheduled to move on the 24th. She also gave me the apartment number, which I seem to have ignored the first time. So I walked back home and started making phone calls. First I settled my issues at Loj's house, since his parents are moving in two weeks. (I'm not sure what his plans are yet.) I still need to go to the Post Office to forward my mail from his house just in case. Then I called our cable company to schedule a service transfer. Well, the office had told me what number the apartment was, but not what road. So I walked back to the office and asked. It turns out that I even had the apartment number wrong. So ... I think I paid attention when she told me the real address. I even walked to the new apartment to see where it is. The apartment I found is still occupied, but that's expected since the tenants are supposedly moving out on the 7th. So, I called the cable company back and schedule the service transfer. I went online to transfer service for our electric. (Water & gas are handled by the apartment.) And now, I don't know if I have the right apartment number. I'm not terribly good at remembering small numbers. (Unlike my social, my bank account, my bank routing number, Kay's RPGA number, etc.) And I'm freaking out. I might be able to get home just as the office closes tomorrow. I really, really hope I got the number right.
***
The Game Design program director told us Tuesday that we'll all be getting new 9600s from HP! Wooh! That might mean they won't break, but it does mean I have to back up 30GB of data off this laptop. Grr. I've already started deleting stupid files so I don't back up more than I have to. Chill and Del make a large portion of my media files, so I shouldn't have to back those up (assuming Chill backs his up). And some of my files came from my desktop ... though I'm not sure which desktop. *sigh* I'm hoping that they're on the desktop I still have. It would certainly save a lot of time to not have to transfer 5GB of random files. Though I could probably delete the whole lot of it. I'm thinking I won't be putting those files onto the 9600. And I'll have to reinstall everything onto the 9600. See, this is why I'd rather just put up with my dumbass 9500.
3 Comments:
Did you ever think of, you know, writing it down? Tends to work better than relying on pure memory. Anyway, here's hoping everything goes smoothly with the move.
I did write down the apartment number. However, I didn't write it right when she gave it to me. I figured I could remember it long enough til I did write it down. I went outside (where they wouldn't see me writing), but there wasn't a suitable writing spot. I walked to the park (real quick walk) and wrote it down there. You would think that means that the number is right, but ya never know with me.
And to follow-up: Chill called the office and confirmed the apartment number. Then he also wrote it down. So ... I'll be mass emailing the people I think will be mailing me. Basically, none of you! Jerks.
I've mailed you stuff twice now. Just because it's boring stuff, it's still mail! And I have something neat to mail to you now, so you had better let me know where to send it!
Post a Comment
<< Home