Monday, October 24, 2005

Killed in My Sleep

Yeah, that hurricane really didn't do much against us. My dad lost power, but he should be good. So on the one hand, my room is the cleanest it has been since I moved in. On the other hand, I need to put the mattresses back on the floor (they are currently leaning against the windows). I haven't seen my car, but I'm assuming it's wet. It's been raining for quite a while. But we're all safe and peachy.

***
So that weekly schedule that was due today that I was going to email my teammates about ... yeah, that didn't happen. I didn't email them, and we don't have a schedule. To be honest, I don't care, so we'll see what my team comes up with.

***
Nanocars!

***
Hmm ... I don't think I want to work on that movie player today, so I'll do it tomorrow. But I think I have to work on our server. That needs to be done before school tomorrow ... how fun.

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger TT said...

I read the nanocar article. Cool, but the article had a lot of sloppy chemistry/physics. "'You couldn't build a smaller car' ... The Nanocar is built of a single molecule, and it's impossible to assemble anything smaller than an individual molecule." Well, yeah, OK (maybe) but one molecule can certainly be smaller than another molecule. It notes later on that hemoglobin is about the same size as the oxygen molecule it carries. Huh? I guess define size, but with at least one atom of iron the hemoglobin certainly outweighs a molecule of O2.

Similar hogwash: "By the laws of quantum mechanics, it's impossible to shave off part of an atom. Since the wheels are atomic, unlike your set of Firestone tires, they will never wear out". Um, what happens if a beta particle happens to collide with the atomic wheel? An atom can never lose a proton or neutron? (they certainly can't make the claim of an electron) I suppose that such a loss will quickly just tear apart the nanocar.

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was extremely confused by the article. Probably mainly because I was confusing "molecule" and "atom" again. But I kind of was left with a feeling of "Huh. If they say so." Cause I'm just not that smart when it comes to science.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home