Sunday, December 18, 2005

Unknown: Part 1

Dear OXOXO,

I'm sorry I didn't write sooner; I really wanted to. I ... I don't really know what I should say. I was thinking about this letter all day, and now I can't think of what to say. I suppose I'll take it slow, and build up from there.

How are you? I'm doing pretty good. As you may know, I'm down in Florida, going to college. So far so good. Some of the classes are tough; others are pretty easy. I'm in a video game design degree program. I figured I liked programming, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to work on business programs. So ... video games seem to fit nicely. We'll see how it works out though; I'm told they have tough hours. If I'm not cut out for games, I'll know enough to hop into business. Or so I'm led to believe. How 'bout you? Are you doing fine in college?

I fly out to Seattle tomorrow to visit my older brother. I told you he was in the Navy, right? He only has two years left, and I should be graduating September '06. My parents wanted us to visit them for Christmas, but my older brother didn't really feel like flying down again. So I'm going up there. It'll take me all day to get there, but it'll be worth it. I'll get to tour his aircraft carrier and the Space Needle. I'm excited. I still haven't packed, but I figured I should write first. I need to write my grandmother as well.

Well ... a lot has changed since we last spoke; I think you know that too. You know, I'm not sure you even knew I got the van. You remember my parents' old minivan, right? The blue Dodge Grand Caravan. Dan bought that from my parents, and I bought it from him. This was about three years ago. It lasted a year before the transmission died; I was heartbroken at the loss. My mom had started dating again, and her (then) boyfriend had an old LeBaron sedan he was looking to get rid off. He said I could have it if I could get it off his driveway. So one oil change later, the car was mine. It didn't look great, but I liked it. That too lasted me a year. It had a bad transmission leak and it had problems starting. Plus the A/C was broken, and since I was heading to FL, I needed a new car. So for the past year I've been driving a LeBaron convertible. I may have paid too much for it, but so far it's running good. It looks like it should last me a few more years; so I'm happy.

I've got an apartment with two roommates. It's pretty big and pretty cheap; so we're satisfied. Do you remember Chill at all? I think you met him once, but I'm not sure. Well, he's down here with me. One of his old friends, Del, is the other roommate. Del's not going to college yet, but he's got a job. Chill and I are riding on college loans. It's going pretty good. It's like a 24/7 LAN party here. Chill and Del are constantly playing World of Warcraft, and I play City of Heroes/City of Villains. Good times.

So, I guess I should start packing. Write me back if you can. I hope you and Dustin are doing well.

Always,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home