Monday, July 09, 2007

Kill GREMS (sic)

One would hope that spammers could at least spell! But oh well.

***
I submitted my resume to Surreal Software, but haven't gotten a response yet. I will see one of KB's bosses at the wedding, so I still have a chance at an interview.

***
I'm halfway done with the work I need to do by Wednesday. I'll have the rest done tomorrow. With the amount of work it takes to edit these programming quizzes, I might as well write my own from scratch. But oh well. I have two of my three quizzes done. I need to edit two more tomorrow. And I'll be editing two more next week (while I'm on vacation). And when I get back from vacation, I'll be writing my third quiz.

All in all, work is going well. Summer Break is a big help for this month. Though I could have been doing more work. So my schedule is the same as last month: Mon-Thurs 5pm-1am and Fri-Sat 9pm-1am. Six classes and four Open Labs. Having a head start on editing these practicals, I should be pretty laid-back this month.

***
I went out shopping yesterday ... which was bad for my bank account. I traded in some Wii games to get Super Paper Mario. (Wooh!) I haven't played it yet, though, since I'm busy right now. And I doubt I'll play it while I'm on vacation ... but I might. I also bought rechargeable battery packs for my other two Wii-motes. I was hoping to use my Best Buy gift card on it, but Best Buy didn't have any. So I had to drive back the the GameStop. *sigh* There was so much driving.

What I got at Best Buy instead is a fan. It's a standing fan, so it's bigger than my others. It cost $50 (ack!), but it comes with a remote. And remotes are so useful to lazy people. The shocking part was that the remote only has one button. The fan does as well, so I was under the impression that maybe it only had one speed (high). That would have been a total rip-off, but I found that the button cycles through the three speeds. So all is well.

I also went to a little game shop to get my Nintendo 64 checked out. It wasn't turning on a few weeks ago when we tried. I was hoping it was just the AC adapter and not the unit. Turns out it was just the AC adapter. So I bought a new one (third party *shakes fist*). I don't see why I really need it, but I suppose I find comfort in knowing that I could play my 64 if I wanted to.

I spent $75 cash + $25 gift card. I suppose that's worth: fixing an N64, getting a game, rechargeable batteries, and a fan. By the way, the fan is awesome. The only thing better would be if the remote also controlled the oscillation.

***
Two weeks later, I weigh 266lbs. So it is a steady 1 lb/week. I'm a bit surprised that I didn't gain weight this week. We had a big feast on July 4th; it was delicious. Full Sail rented out a bowling alley on the 5th, so I got free pizza and drinks there. I bowled a 50 ... which is so very disappointing. I blame the Wii; it has corrupted my skills.

But I can't complain. I'm eating food I like, though it's not as easy as popping everything in the microwave. Of course I don't spend more than ten minutes making sandwiches anyway. My diet consists of:
- fish sticks (it would be better if they weren't breaded)
- veggie burgers (I suppose they're edible)
- PB&J (I probably have too many sandwiches, but Blade says peanut fat isn't too bad)
- healthy cereal (and delicious)
- lean ham sandwiches (two instead of three sandwiches)
- clam chowder in a can (though I eat it with a whole pack of crackers ... which is too many).
- CostCo brand health shakes ("comparable to Slim-Fast")
- and lots of water.

I would probably buy some chicken patties, but Del would eat them too fast. The second reason I never want a roommate again is that I don't like to share anything, including food. The first reason being that I can't trust someone else to pay rent. *shakes fist*

I miss my hot dogs, which are also incredibly cheap. But whatever. They have way too many calories. I also miss Hot Pockets, since they're incredibly delicious. But they're not very cost-effective anyway. I don't really miss the freezer pizzas since they take too much effort to make. And cutting my soda intake down to zero has also helped with the bills.

***
I'm making a fortune in LoTRO, but unfortunately that doesn't pay my bills. I haven't quested in about a month. I'm just stalking the Auction Hall.

***
I'm also addicted to Minesweeper right now. I beat my Intermediate and Expert high scores, but I don't think I can beat the 5 second Easy score. My Intermediate is 68 seconds and Expert is 234. It's really hard for me to beat those times now. My average is 88 and 288 respectively. I'm actually going to blame my mouse on this one. I think I'd have better mobility if I weren't using a trackball. I've found that I can scroll left faster than I can right (which is probably a problem with my hand, not the mouse). But I think I could be faster with a regular mouse. So when I magically find some money, I'll buy a regular mouse. I'd like to upgrade my trackball, but I'm not sure which I should choose. I'm currently using a Kensington Orbit, and I really like it. I could upgrade to their new Orbit Optical (which still only has two buttons, and no scroll button). Or I could upgrade to their older TurboBall Trackball, which has four buttons and a scroll button. However, it's not optical ... which I believe means it still gets dirty often. I don't really like cleaning my mouse so often. Though if it weren't so humid, I might not have that problem.

***
So ... that's how I'm doing.

5 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

What kind of veggie burgers are you eating?

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boca burgers. Though I just bought some random "California" veggie burgers.

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah ... those California burgers look like vomit ... and don't taste much better.

Though, I don't like my vegetables tasting like vegetables. *bleck*

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Try Boca All-American Flame Grilled. That's the kind I like. Or you could go for Morningstar Pizza Burgers.

 
At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They don't have either of those at the CostCo I shop. But maybe I'll hit up Wal-Mart or something to look for them.

I am lazy though ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home