I'm still in denial about my weight, so I suppose the first step toward recovery is admitting my problem. I like to eat. Eat cheap and easy. Which, a lot of the time, is not healthy. Also, the most exercise I do is walk around a classroom for a couple hours a day. (I'm generally sitting at a desk until a student has a question.) With me being lazy, I don't think I intend to start working out. At least not at this time. So I'm attempting to eat healthier and less quantity. I have lost at least three pounds since I've started this "diet". Wooh.
***
So ... I like to optimize things. Not just code, but my future. To optimize my "profits", it would be wise to move in with my mom and get a job at one of the few game companies in Salt Lake City. However, I don't know how keen I am on the idea of moving in with my mom. Sure it'd work for a while, but how long do I plan for? The three or four years it'd take to pay off my student loans? It would be real nice to get those loans paid off real soon. And maybe I could stand living with my mom for that long. Life a Full Sail has gone by real fast these past two years.
So another plan would be to stay with my mom only until I had enough for an apartment or down payment on a house. Preferably the latter. Even though it wouldn't pay off my loans any faster, the money spent on "rent" would be going toward an investment. And if I got a big enough place, I could rent out some spare bedrooms. I heart monies. The problem I see is that I really want my first house to be my only house. So I would need a stable and enjoyable job, and be able to find THE house. Oh yeah, I might also have to be able to afford said house.
***
City of Heroes Issue 9 is now live! Look forward to the new invention system and enhancements that cannot be out-leveled. Also, you can "invent" costume pieces. I currently have a pair of bone wings that I had to write a backstory for. "Had to." It works out well that my healer is Emp/Dark, so the bone wings fit in with an alternate universe way. Hurrah for classic comic arcs.
My time is now torn between CoH and LotRO. I really like my Elven archer, but I'm hooked on CoH. I think I'll play mostly LotRO this weekend though, and let someone else figure everything out about the CoH invention system. I haven't figured out how to really use the "set bonuses" that some inventions have. But when I do ... *shakes fist*
7 Comments:
You get the set bonus if you have more than one enhancement of the same set in a power. It'll be obvious what set a particular Invention is in since the name of the set is the name of the enhancement before the colon. I don't know if you knew this stuff already and wanted to know something else.
Detailed lists of sets and set bonuses can be found at: http://paragonwiki.com/Invention_Origin_Enhancement_Sets
Although...I didn't check to see how up to date that list is.
That didn't word, as far as the link went, so let me actually link it.
IO Sets
OK--that's really discouraging. I weigh about the same as you--and you have a foot plus over me in height! I guess I'm just too short for my weight. Wish I could grow just 2-3 inches. Of course I would still be fat. Guess I'll have to get to Weight Watchers once this semester ends!
Thanks Matt, that's what I was looking for. That kinda sucks that an acc/dam IO occurs in multiple sets, so I'll have to find the one in the set I want. Which means CoH is already losing it's grasp on me.
Sorry to discourage you Nurse Mom. Just consider it a competition to lose weight. :)
Look to the Auction House. You are probably rich enough on your 50 to buy whatever you want. And you can set up a watch on something, so that you don't have to keep checking. It'll wait until the thing you want shows up on the Auction House, and then automatically bids on it.
lol CoH
-Paul
CoH/LotRO-speak baffles me, so I'll comment on what I can:
About weight... don't go by numbers; they're too specific and they fluctuate according to height and body type. Go by looks. If you're comfortable with the way you look, then stick with what you're doing. If not, keep on "dieting" until you get to where you want to look.
For example, I'm 5'9" and 165 lbs. My weight is average numerically, but my face is far too round and my gut hangs out too much. And I have girly arms. So over the summer I'll be riding my bike, not to lessen the numbers, but to rearrange the weight distribution.
I hope that made sense.
Post a Comment
<< Home