So I was lured into playing Magic today. It was pretty crazy. My bird deck was faring well until a disenchant came out. Then I played a roomie's white deck. Pulled out a Wrath of God, a couple Balances, and a few Swords to Plowshares. Of course, that didn't effect my roommate any and I lost. But it was pretty fun. Question: do creature tokens hit the graveyard?
School was long and lonely. It was another coding exam and it took me all of 3.5 hours to complete. It was a "dinner party planner" program. Wasn't too extravagant, but it might work. 16 tables - each with a table number, guest name, number of guests, and menu preference. I suppose you could label the table with a family: table 3 = inlaws. But I'd rather have the names of each individual at the table. Oh well.
***
Tomorrow is more 3d content creation. Those labs have nothing to do with what we learned in lecture. But I suppose it is an effective way to teach us two topics at one time.
3 Comments:
Question: do creature tokens hit the graveyard?
Answer: This is answered (if somewhat indirectly) in the Comprehensive Rulebook, Rule 216.3 (shown below):
---
216.3. A token in a zone other than the in-play zone ceases to exist. This is a state-based effect. (Note that a token changing zones will set off triggered abilities before the token ceases to exist.) Once a token has left play, it can't be returned to play by any means.
---
So...if a token is killed, or otherwise moved to the graveyard, it triggers any effect that might happen when a creature (or whatever the token is) is placed in the graveyard. It ceases to exist as soon as someone gains priority, since it is a State-based effect. If an effect is triggered, this is immediately after the effects are placed on the stack. If there are no triggered effects, it is immediately after it hits the graveyard. In any case, it triggers any effects, but does not give either player a chance to cast any spells that would target the token while it is in the graveyard (or any other zone other than "in-play")
I probably could have given a much simpler answer than that, since I knew the rule before looking it up in the comprehensive rules, but I wanted to give you something to show someone if they disagreed. After all, I'm fairly certain I looked up this rule before...for your bird deck. Because you generate bird token and also have the enhancement (as well as the creature) that accumulates counters whenever a Creature - Bird hits the graveyard. That is what makes your birds insanely beefy.
I'm pretty sure I don't have the bird token cards in my deck though. I decided it was maybe too expensive.
Maybe...I was just assuming that is why you where asking.
Post a Comment
<< Home