I managed to get some stuff done with Asteroids; not nearly as much as I wanted though. I can now shoot x amount of bullets in a y radian arc. I was having fun substituting 300 for x and 2 pi for y. Ah, fun was had by all. Though it slows the game down quite a bit. The way I've implemented my collision detection is by having an asteroid search the entire array of bullets for a hit and it also checks the ship for a hit. So when I have approximately 900 bullets and 50+ asteroids, the frame rate dies. And since the bullets have a timer (3 seconds), the longer it takes to process, the less distance they can cover. So the goal is really to make sure you keep the asteroids off the screen ... I suppose that is the goal of Asteroids though. From here, I should be able to easily implement power-ups and weapon upgrades. I just need to get the menu screen working first. Due Thursday!!!
***
So it looks like Del has a job working at the "Rape Dollar" Tree. I wonder if he'd even get discounts. I haven't talked to him about it yet, but I guess he went and signed the paperwork today. It's not too far away, maybe a five or ten minute walk.
***
Chill hasn't really checked on his laptop's status yet. I don't know if he even will. I'll be surprised if he manages to get the laptop back from DHL without any problems. They managed to ditch the empty box outside our door, and they came to pick up the filled box within hours of his phone call. For my first pickup, they came around 8pm or so. Chill got his out of here by 5pm. We'll see.
***
An amusing anecdote: Chill is always complaining about taking out the garbage. For the most part, he's the only one that ever takes it out. He says it's because he's the only one that can get off his lazy butt and get it done. So yesterday he was complaining about it a lot because it had piled to the top and we had a few bags of trash sitting next to it. We're pretty good about washing out cans and throwing food down the disposal (not I; I lick my plates clean). One of the bags of trash was just a bag of grocery bags; the other bag was full of Chinese takeout boxes. So we weren't gathering flies; we just really needed to take it out. And so Chill says that he doesn't have to do the dishes if he has to take out the trash. It seems that we clean dishes about once a week and he takes out the trash once a week. It would be fair if, ya know, those two morons could ever clean their own dishes. The problem arises when we run the dishwasher but don't empty it. So after dinner, I wash off my plate, but I can't put it in the dishwasher. And of course, I can't just empty the dishwasher. So the sink just piles up with dishes. My dishes are cleaned off, but need to get in the dishwasher. Their dishes still have food on them and need to be scrubbed off. But so, washing our dishes is clearly more work than just taking out the garbage. It's not so much that Chill is the least lazy, but that he's the only one that remembers. Del goes out the back door (which the garbage is next to), but there aren't any dumpsters in that immediate area. And I carpool with Chill when I have to go to school, so I don't necessarily remember. So yesterday when Chill was about to go to school, I could tell that he was forgetting to take out the garbage. Instead of reminding him, I waited until he was gone and then Del & I took it out. Now we're just waiting for Chill to do dishes ... ha.
We still have a clean plate or two, so I doubt they'll be getting done over the weekend.
***
Is it a sea or a lake? It's an item!!!
1 Comments:
It's cool that Del got work wherever. Any work is good just to bring some the bucks to live on. The question at Dollar Tree is if they actually have anything you'd want a discount on.
There's a few games that I've seen really slow down because of the number of items on screen. Super MarioWorld on SNES had one level late in the game where there were like 50 of the flying Koopas jumping around at one point, and the game just started c-r-a-w-l-i-n-g. I know you can get that in Smash Brothers Melee in levels where you get tons of Poke Balls and just sbrings everything out as fast as you can.
Post a Comment
<< Home