Tuesday, October 25, 2005

About a Boy

Yeah ... class didn't get me too down today. I've mostly given up caring. There's no doubt in my mind that we'll pass. The question is: with what grade? So far we're at a 91.2%. I don't think there's any way to get that back. Thus making it my lowest grade so far. ;)

Turns out, one of my teammates got scratched by a dog ... in the eye! So he's bandaged up and can't see much. He can crack his eye once in a while, but not enough to program. His work for this week has been pushed back a few days, thus pushing the rest of the project back. We kinda need his work on the tile engine as soon as possible. We had to make the monthly schedule again (for the second month) and it's still retarded. We don't really know what to expect. Especially the teammates failing at life part.

I've mostly finished my video/intro player, I just need to integrate it into the system. Speaking of system, we still need to set up the version control system so all of us can work on the same files at the same time. I don't really like the idea because I don't trust a program to merge our document, but at least we'll have one data source for our files.

Our first spin on the Wheel of Misfortune: add blood to face. I'm guessing that means our characters need to bleed ... from the face. So ... there goes the "fun for the whole family" part. We might keep that in our presentation though. We're estimating that the Probe Stamper will produce blood (...great) and possibly Cow Tipping. For Cow Tipping, we might give the aliens bats so they can beat the cows (and each other) up. At least it's only a graphic detail.

***
Tonight's CoV run was pretty dumb. They've been testing the PvP zones, and tonight was Bloody Bay. I think the name stems from how easy it is for a Stalker (villain) to one-shot a Defender (hero). Because the Stalkers were really the only ones who could kill me. Of course, they would also get help from Dominators who would hold me. See, if I can't move, I can't heal nor run. Occassionally I'd be able to withstand a few shots until the hold wore off, and then I'd run like hell. Run run run, heal heal heal.

The "goal" of the zone is to mine six asteroids that have fallen, and then take over a base to get it examined. Well, the villains camped one asteroid, so there was no way for me to get it. I kinda feel bad because I think I needlessly got another hero killed. He was sneaking up to the asteroid, but I jumped over him and started attacking the villains. Oh well.

The other option in the zone is to run missions to give buffs to your team or debuffs to the opposition. Well, there's a giant bug in their program which causes missions to fail at loading. I think it might be server capacity, and our client programs can't get enough server attention to load everything. Regardless the cause, the effect is being booted off. Whether it be by client disconnect due to unresponsive server, or the client only loads a door and the user is required to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of it. Stupid bug.

***
Animal Crossing.

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger TT said...

"Add blood to face" ... I thought the dog already did that to your teammate. Call it done!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger The Narf said...

Heh, exactly what I said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home