Saturday, February 11, 2006

Dead Bugs

I might have been better off not checking my email this morning. City of Heroes / City of Villains has a Valentine's Day special (of course). The abandoned Dance Club is opening its doors to villains as well, allowing heroes and villains to chill together without worrying about PVP. There are also co-op missions for this event. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to play my hero and villain at the same time. But I would be able to play with my friends'. I'm sure these missions have badges attached (my weakness), and a toga costume piece can be unlocked. Since none of my characters would wear a toga, I don't feel too bad. Added onto this event is a 14 day free trial for a buddy. If the buddy decides to subscribe to City of Villains, both the player and buddy unlock the sandals and laurel wreath (headpiece thing). The entire event is pretty tempting; I want to renew my account now. ... But I've already uninstalled CoH/CoV from my computer, so ... I don't want to reinstall it just for this event.

The good part about checking my email was a message from Lord Peck. He says to google "french military victories" and choose "I'm Feeling Lucky". It was definitely worth it; we all had a good laugh.

***
Wedding Crashers was a hilarious movie! I can't believe I didn't see that in the cinema. It was so great! I'd watch it again, but I can use those two hours to watch a movie I haven't seen. Del has the weekend off, so we're gonna hit up Blockbuster repeatedly.

***
I finished my article summaries for Monday, so I don't really have any other work to do. I should work more on my AI project, but I spent most of yesterday on it. I've implemented everything except the AI. I guess that's to be expected though. It'd be hard to know what the Ai is doing if I can't see the results. My project is going to be the "8 Puzzle". I don't particularly know what path finding algorithm I'm going to use. The example used A* (A Star), but that's a weighted search algorithm. I don't really know how to weight the solution in respect to the puzzle. I have an idea, but I won't know if it works until I try it. I could use the Depth-First algorithm that we went over in class. It uses recursion to search for the solution. It doesn't really find the best solution, though I could set it to iterate everything before deciding which is best. Iterating through every possibility, however, is insane! But that's my last resort, since it doesn't weight the possibilities. Though I guess you could weight the possibilities. The modified depth-first search is IDDF (Iterative-Depth Depth-First). IDDF puts a limit on the length of its search. It searches all possibilities one node away, then two, then three, and so on. That way it will find the shortest route to the solution. However, I find that this algorithm could be designed better, but that would make it A*. So ... there we have it. I could always attempt to modify IDDF to become A* (which may be what IDA* is).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home