Today was probably the most productive day I've had in a week. I started off by going to my Placement Advisor at Full Sail with my revised resume. Apparently, I have to add some more detail about my academic projects, highlighting the fact that I've been through an entire game development life cycle. Meh. My advisor is also the one to talk to about getting a job as a lab aide. I have to send him an email, though, to leave a paper trail of communications. I suppose I'll get around to those two tasks tomorrow.
I also played with Full Sail's arcade machine's input box. It's wired to be a keyboard/mouse instead of a joystick/gamepad. And with the way our game is set up, it wasn't too hard to remap our keys. I don't think it's as finger friendly as a real keyboard, but it'll work. And our game is brief enough that you can beat it before getting bored.
To make it onto the arcade machine, I also had to: change our window resolution to 800x600, remove the control mapping functionality, remove the volume/gamma functionality, add a 30 second timeout (so the game will return to the arcade system), and I "had" to remove the high score list. I didn't really have to, but I think it's the better choice. See, there was a problem with the NBA Jam arcade, because students were putting swear words into the high score list. I'd rather not go through that problem with my game. *snip snip* I still need to make the control screen that show the arcade's input box; that should be a simple image swap. I'm hoping to get that done tomorrow as well.
***
For our Archive on Thursday, I have to format our documentation, get some screenshots, and clean up our folders. Depending on how lazy I am, it shouldn't take more than three hours tomorrow.
***
I think I'll also pack and do laundry tomorrow. I'm mostly living out of boxes, but I still have some stuff I could pack. Namely, the little knickknacks on my desk. All my GenCon loot could be packed up. Maybe organize some of the boxes I have. I'm not entirely certain what all I have with me, but I know I'm not using most of it.
So ... I'm kinda planning on driving up to IL this weekend. It'll give me an excuse to see: a) Belle's sucky singing (Spoons isn't too bad) and b) how my storage unit is doing.
Just because I'm paying Public Storage $55/mo, that doesn't mean they're not looting my stuff. I could also get Holmes' stuff out and mail it to him. I'd also junk the Firebird parts ... except the tires; I like the tires. Though I think I'd need another person to help with the doors. *shrug*. I could easily get carried away with the organization of the unit to the point of throwing half of it away. I don't think having the two dressers in there is worth it. The random stuff I am keeping (Star Wars toys, movie paraphernalia, financial information) I don't want with me and don't want to get rid of; so I have to keep my unit. And if I can ditch half my stuff, I can get a smaller unit. Hmm ... looking at the prices, I think it's cheaper to stay with my discounted 5x10' than go to a 5x5'. Either way, I'm in the mood to free myself from some of my worldly possesions. Man, I feel like throwing out my closet right now, but I need that stuff (books, clothes, financial papers).
Again, I'm not certain if I will make the trip. I could leave Thursday afternoon to get in by Friday afternoon. Seeing how much I have to do tomorrow, I'll probably be too tired Thursday to drive straight through. So I'd get in Friday night (stealing floor in Urbana). Steal wagon and drive to Aurora on Saturday. Work on storage unit some. Steal couch in Aurora (wooh, an upgrade!). Steal ride with Mom to Normal on Sunday (jerky girls) and steal ride back. Finish unit on Monday, maybe steal floor in Normal Monday night. Return stolen car on Tuesday, then drive the Baron down to Louisville. Make fun of people in Kentucky for a while, then head back to Florida Tuesday night. Probably sleep in car once I hit Florida state line. Then finish the journey to get home by Wednesday night. Get sleep for possible test on Thursday. (Programming test for Full Sail position.) Graduate on Friday.
On the other hand, I could stay here and watch movies all week. Maybe work on website at some point. Yeah ... I'm in the mood for a road trip. My car should be able to make it too. It hasn't been acting up so much lately.
What would change my mind about going would be: a) test is earlier than Thursday and/or b) my niece finally returns my call. I'd much rather spend a week with my niece than a choir (plus I wouldn't be driving 40+ hours). But I'm doubting either of those conditions will be met.
***
Well, I suppose I should start stocking up on sleep ...
4 Comments:
Jerk!
Call us on Thursday evening to actually set up a schedule. Here's the plan for us: Mom works Friday night, sleep in some on Saturday, drive to Normal. Dad drives early on Saturday to Normal (maybe even Friday night, we'll see), pick up Spoons and drive to Urbana. Drive back to Normal after football game on Saturday, take the birthday boy and family out to dinner. Go to choir concert on Sunday, Mom drives back to Aurora, Matt to Urbana, Dad to St. Louis, Spoons, Belle, and Monkey Boy stay in Normal.
Stealing cars? You'll have to ask the current holder of those keys. But I'd love to have company on my drive on Saturday and back on Sunday.
Waiting to hear about Disneyworld!
So where are you and Dad hiding Saturday night?
Super 8 in Normal or wherever we can get a room. And Matt will be with us as well (I assume)
Post a Comment
<< Home