So ... our team was intending on submitting our game to the IGF. The deadline was this morning (11:59pm PT). And so we worked through the night getting some little bugs out of the way (since the deadline is 2:59am ET). We had seen on the website that we'd have to fill out an entry form, pay $95, and upload our game to their ftp server. It was 2am when I filled out the form, but I forgot part of the requirements, so I had to go back. Apparently they don't care about people, so I had to retype all the information again. :( Then I put in my credit card information, agreed to terms and conditions, and hit Next. Then it puts me back at the blank entry form. o.0 ??? WTF? So I figure it's because I block all cookies. After allowing all cookies, I fill out the stupid form again, credit card again, and hit Next. Guess where it goes to? Yeah, back to the blank entry form. !!! So ... where is the magical ftp site? I tried ftp://www.igf.com and ftp://ftp.igf.com; both are looking for login information. I don't know what ftp is. File Transfer Protocol or something, but I don't know how to use it. Or what the default login is. To be honest, I didn't really read the terms and conditions part of the entry form since I'd read it on the main page multiple times (and we were running out of time). So ... it's possible that they hid some sort of login information in there. But by the time I realize this, it's past the deadline and I've given up caring. So I sent an email to the chairman asking what/where is the ftp site, can I submit late, and can I get my monies back. I think if the charge shows up on my credit card, I'm just going to tell my bank to stop payment on it. Because I doubt I'll be able to submit late, and I doubt that they'd be nice enough to NOT charge me. Jerks. I was working ALL day yesterday. One of those things you shouldn't wait 'til the deadline to do, I guess. But most of us don't really care about the competition. Presumably, we'll all have jobs, so winning won't change our employment status. However, winning would pay out big time ($5k - $20k). Totally worth $95 just to be a finalist. Especially when it's my game idea.
*sigh* I'm really worn out and could use a hug. But of course, I don't live anywhere near Hugs. :(
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home