Friday, October 07, 2005

I Hate Work

Today was going pretty good until I checked my email. School was okay, I guess. We played Super Munchkin (the super hero version of Munchkin) and it sucked. It sucked pretty bad. Then we had to go to a program advisory panel and listen to these seven guys talk. It was pretty depressing and dull. "You know what you're getting yourselves into, so don't complain about eighty hour work weeks." Yeah ... no! Stupid. It's like saying, "You knew you were being sold into slavery, just tough it out." Granted, slaves probably had it worse, I think the comparison is valid. My life is forfeit either way when I get out. Either I'll be working eighty hours at a game company or I'll be working eighty hours at AMC & Target trying to pay off the college loans. And, overall, I think they're dumb.

***
I helped a few friends clean up after the panel. We had to stack chairs; and it was a workout. My back is a bit sore, but that could be from this chair.

***
Working on the paper mock-up of the game is pretty fun. My cows don't look too bad, and I'm playing with bread ties.

***
So the problem in my email involves my former car. I sold my LeBaron sedan to the car dealer (not dealership) for $200 cash. I signed over the title and considered it done. Apparently, I was wrong. It appears that I should have also written the DMV saying I no longer own the vehicle, because the dealer didn't. The car was impounded a week ago and I got the letter. So ... for $500 I can get my car back. I don't really know what'll happen if I just leave it there. They will auction it off of course, but I don't know if I'll have strikes on my record (as if I didn't have enough). So ... looks like I'll be writing somebody about it. Stupid dealer.

***
Let's see how long it will take me to finish my paper project! I'm almost done with one mini-game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home