Well, school's beginning to become disappointing. My teammates really aren't meeting my expectations. The teammate in charge of doing gamepad input clearly wasn't working on it yesterday outside of class. Instead, he was working on the particle engine. We don't need the particle engine! Not now. Not that much. We have it in there for points, and you know where it's going to be used in the game? Just a tiny effect when a cow tips over. That's all! No giant explosion coming out of the ground. There are no geysers on the moon. And the other teammate is now recovering from his eye injuries. Instead of working on the tile editor, he was working on drawing assets. Yeah, sure, we need assets. But not now! We need a tile engine so the minigames don't look like suck. Technically, he could make some terrain in 3D Max and convert it over. However, we do need the tile editor and engine in the game. And the sooner we get that done, the better off we'll be. We can use crap for assets now, and pretty it up after the next deadline. We cannot afford to lose any more points!
Jerks.
And it turns out, models created in Alias Maya will convert over nicely as well.
***
Bill Gates Goes to College.
I might need to reiterate that:
Bill Gates Goes to College.
Unfortunately, it's a streaming video (5min long). I spent about half an hour hunting for a download, and I succeeded. I am teh evilzor. Fyi, the link is not the download.
***
Kit apparently fails to: A) read, B) care, or C) hate me.
***
Our SGP game now supports terrain following! What does that mean? Aliens can now walk up hills, instead of walking through them. Wooh! I definitely spent way too much time on that. If I'd had my book (for a former class) with me, it would have only taken an hour. But to be honest, I didn't have anything better to do in lab for four hours. Our lab aide tried to help, but to be honest, he failed pretty bad. All I needed to do was calculate the height of a triangle at a certain point. He said I could use ray-to-plane collision to detect where on the plane a hypothetical line would intersect. Needless to say, his was overly complicated for my purpose. As it is, I don't know why he taught our other teammate the technique. I really don't think we will or can use it. *sigh* Oh well.
***
I was on City of Heroes tonight; it's beginning to disappoint me. Being level 50 isn't nearly as exciting as getting there. Chill's given up on City of Villains; so that's also bringing me down. A few of my friends don't seem to like it because they made a lot of changes to both games. Thus some of the classes are getting "nerfed" even worse than before. I doubt I'll really be playing my heroes any time soon, so I don't think it really matters. As it is, I probably won't get much time to play this month. And once this month ends, I'll be spending my freetime with family.
***
I really hope I don't dream about clipping my toenails again.
2 Comments:
B.
Sorry about your teammates sucking. You can ask Mr. Clean--that's the way group projects in the real world go as well. People don't work on things they should be working on or they are sick or they are on vacation or some other such nonsense. Then you need one guy's work to be able to actually do your coding and so on and so on. So just do a take-over and tell your group to get in gear and get it done. The problem is, Narf, you get it so quickly and everybody else is trying to catch up! Good luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home