Sunday, February 12, 2006

Lead Hugs

Yesterday's movies were Lord of War (starring Nicholas Cage) and Mr. & Mrs. Smith (starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie). I guess Nicholas Cage's acting was good, but the movie was a disappointment. I was expecting more out of it. Mr. & Mrs. Smith was good, but it didn't have much of an effect coming after Lord of War. I'm led to believe that I shouldn't watch two action movies back-to-back. Plus, I prefer comedy over action. I'm hoping to rent Robots today, but I don't know what the second movie will be. Decisions decisions.

***
We played some D&D today. We could have gotten much further if Chill, Del, and Blade weren't playing WoW last night. It was Blade's first time, so we had to walk him through character creation. I went to bed at 2am, since I knew they wouldn't have characters in time to play at night. So I was expecting they'd have their characters made in the morning so we could play until Blade had to go to work. Well, apparently not. Chill didn't want to decide on a character until he could ask me what class to make. Del is a sorceror and Blade is a ranger. Chill wasn't sure if he should make fighter or cleric. (BTW, the module is The Sunless Citadel.) Turns out, he's a fighter. They needed help with starting gold too, because we don't always use the starting gold chart. So they didn't have their equipment choosen either. *sigh* This is one of the reasons why I avoid D&D.

The other reason is distractions. After they had the characters made, we spent half an hour showing off disgusting websites. Blade has work at 5pm and Chill's WoW raid was supposed to start at 3pm. So we set the cut-off time at 3. We started at 2.

Even though Chill couldn't afford the best armor (he rolled 3,2,4,1,1,1 as his 6d4), the enemies fail to hit him. Though dire rats certainly are the standard for the enemies found in the module. Granted, kobolds and goblins aren't much harder. There are a few enemies that are harder. Hopefully the party can take the abuse. I think I'll have to let them level mid-module. There are a few enemies that have a chance to one-shot a character. Without a cleric or any heal potions, these guys might need an extra level of hit points to keep up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home