Wednesday, August 09, 2006

You Lose! Good Day, Sir.

So my car isn't really doing better. I guess it drives, so it's not quite dead. But it's fairly unreliable. I was kinda surprised by how far I traveled today before overheating the car. And it seems that my younger brother was right, saying that turning on the heat will cool down the engine. Well, my air conditioner doesn't work now anyway (maybe needs more freon), so it wasn't really making me hotter. That's not necessarily true, but I turned the fans away so my face wouldn't melt off. I'd rather not bother fixing the car since I hope to get another one shortly. However, the guy selling the car I want probably won't allow me to trade in my LeBaron. I'd really like to get $1500 out of it, since I think it's worth that much. As far as I know, it only has this overheating problem. Which can probably be fixed by repairing/replacing the thermometer and/or radiator. I'm an honest guy, so I can't tell someone it doesn't have problems just to sell it off. Nor could I just "neglect to mention" the problems it has. So I probably wouldn't be able to sell it. Now I'm thinking that I don't really need that $1500, so I probably could junk it (or give it to Del). But I don't know. I feel really bad about just letting go of that much money. But it's not like I even now I could get that much. I might end up putting a "For Sale" sign on it for the next 1.5 months and see how well that goes.

The car I'd like to buy: Saturn SW1. 47,000 miles for $5,777 sounds pretty good to me. It's kinda out of my way to drive out to see the car, but it'd probably be worth it. A problem would arise when I'm stuck with two cars and can only drive one of them. Del doesn't have his license, and I don't think any of my other roommates would care to drive me out there. We'll see.

***
I'm going to GenCon this weekend; and I'm hoping to get a job offer there. Cryptic Studios, makers of City of Heroes, will be there, and I know they're hiring. I don't care too much for California, but I'm open to new things. I need to know where I'm going before I plan on getting a new car. It might just be worth it to junk this car and get a new one wherever I'm going. It's hard to pass up this car, though. It's gorgeous.

I spent about $75 upgrading my Indiana Jones costume. I'm not too sure if I'm satisfied with the shirt, but at least it fits. My old one is pretty tight around the waist and shoulders. My "messenger bag" isn't the same as Indie's but I think it's good enough. I haven't actually tried on the whole costume yet.

The way I've packed, it looks like I'll be wearing my Jedi boots and khakis the entire trip. Man, my feet are going to hurt. Oh, I guess I should pack more socks now ... and done.

I guess I should probably start printing my resumes & business cards now.

***
So long! And thanks for all the fish!

"... Luigi stole your fish."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home