Hurrah! Kim emailed me! Wooh! I'm so excited. I'd say this is the first time I've made progress since Belle and I broke up, but that'd be a lie. There was a girl at AMC I had a chance with (not Kay). The AMC girl, for some odd reason, decided to make out with another coworker at an employee screening that I hadn't known about. I assume that it would've been me had I been there, but I wasn't. So he was the lucky one. However, she realized her "mistake" and then started dating some other guy. Yeah ... interesting week that was. Oh well. Anyhow, I have a totally fresh start. But a long distance internet relationship wasn't exactly what I was looking for. That might work if I knew the girl beforehand (like Belle or Spoons), but meeting over the internet? I'm a little wary. Ah well.
***
So I was cleaning/destroying my room today. I decided that I'd like to sort out all my boxes. I just had a bunch of random stuff in random boxes. Now I have organized stuff in random boxes. There are a few more things that I'll need to organize, but it's mostly done. And then I get to put all the boxes (full and empty) into my closet. Hurrah! I'm glad I have a huge closet; this one is bigger than the master's walk-in closet. I managed to find my social security card that I had lost. Now I have to find a good place to put it. I'm tempted to buy a fire-secure safe, but that just screams "steal me". I mean, I guess someone would have to see it to find it, but still. I'm more tempted to just hide it in a sock.
***
I finally put a bumper sticker on my car: "Unlike computers, women reject a 3 1/2" floppy." Excellent. I wouldn't want to put it on a nice car, because I think it dirties the image. And I wouldn't want to put it on a suck car, because it wouldn't last very long. However, I couldn't care less about my convertible and that bumper sticker. What's the point of having the sticker if I'm not going to put it somewhere? My car looks shot as it is, so the sticker isn't hurting it. And it totally shows off my nerdom.
***
I have a surprise, but I suppose I should wait for tomorrow.
2 Comments:
Most new computers won't accept a 3½" floppy, either.
I think most new desktops still have floppy drives.
Post a Comment
<< Home