Thursday, November 20, 2008

Remember Remember the Month of November

Well I'm finally settled into the new apartment (again). I thought $160 utilities per person in a 4 bedroom house was a bit too high. Plus it was a tiny bedroom (9x9 roughly) and far from work (20-30 minutes).

The new place is only 2 miles from work, so it's about 5 minutes there. Depends on what lights are red. It's three bedrooms; Blade moved with me. We're waiting for the 3rd roommate to move in on Dec 1st. Hopefully she hasn't changed her mind.

Work is the same as usual. I've been running 96% on most of my critiques since I changed my curriculum in April. So I'm now off "the list". With 49 students this month, I decided to drop the homework (so I didn't have to grade it). The average quiz grades actually improved over last month (45 students), but that might just have been the group of students. I'm not sure if I'll grade homework when the classes get smaller. Maybe it just becomes one of those college suggestions. You can definitely tell my homework / quiz combo is faring better than PG2's since those grades are crap.

Over winter break I plan on visiting Mel in Denver, Mom in Salt Lake City, and my brother in Seattle. Which seems like a pretty ridiculous endeavor since I hate airplanes. Not hate so much as I just don't fit! But it should be fun. (Bye bye monies!)

Mel and I have a long distance relationship ... it kinda sucks. Mostly that she's enrolled in one of Full Sail's online Master's Degree programs, so she's often too busy to chat with me. Plus being online for school means she's tired of being on the computer. Which is certainly understandable and all ... it just sucks. And she's not going to move to FL just to be with me, and won't settle for a suck job. Again, understandable. But I really like my job now and don't want to leave. So what are my options? Keep the long distance relationship, find a job closer to her, or find someone else closer to me? *sigh*

And it doesn't help that my backup girlfriend doesn't like FL either. :P Probably shouldn't say girlfriend, I think she'll slap me. Oh well.

I'm saving the rest of my vacation days for 9/19/09. Probably also save money so I can get a U-Haul trailer and free my boxes that weekend. I wouldn't count on GenCon, but I might get bored enough here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home