Thursday, June 12, 2008

Superb Parking

Well I wouldn't really mind what I hit when parking if it wasn't another vehicle. Not that it was an automobile by any means, but my roommate has a child-size four wheeler (for his child). And I kinda pulled in too far today. They laughed when I said we "share paint" now. As far as I know, it's only cosmetic. But I figured I should tell him just in case I messed up the front tire. My bumper hit the front guard, but I probably also hit the tire.

***
In other news, my D&D books arrived today. Blade couldn't resist buying them at a store last week. So now we have two copies of the set in our house. I'll write my name in them once I open the packaging. But I've been reading his books. I'm pretty sure I'll be making a Dwarf Cleric. The minor action Second Wind is really helpful for me. I don't particularly like the healing spells Clerics get, but Mateo indicated that I am probably getting more healing per day than I did in 3.5 at this level. Though I think we're also getting into more/harder encounters each day than in 3.5. Beats me, but we're enjoying it. We're not too sure what we'll do when we finish this adventure. Blade doesn't think we can wait 'til July 15th for the next adventure.

***
Work is pretty much the same. I decided to finally change around all the lectures so that the order makes a bit more sense now. And I think it has improved my performance. I also had quite a bit of extra credit offered last month, so I only failed 1 out of 15 (with another taking a leave of absence). Another two or three probably should have repeated my class, but they'll either figure it out in PG2 or fail that class.

I only have 9 students this month, with all 7 labbies (5 each day) including Mateo. So I don't stay throughout lab any more. I also have a 1pm-9pm class this month, which is unusual. I requested the change when I found out WP1 is having class 5pm-1am this month. Which would put PG1, PG3, and WP1 in conflict for the labbies from 9pm-1am. Now that I have a 5pm-9pm lab, there's no other class needing labbies. Wooh!

But there's no way I can do office hours before class 9am-1pm. I wake up at 10am, and it's hard for me to do any earlier. So I go in to work M-F 1pm-6pm. Which isn't too bad at all. I was working on Poker today. I already had the program check for hand ranks and high cards and that good stuff. Today I was rewriting that code so it wasn't in one giant function; now it's in 15 separate functions. It's not particularly any smaller. I'm not sure what my intentions are for the game. It's not a graded assignment for the students, but it'll be some preparation for the programming quiz. Being able to handle existing code, filling in blocks of code, using structures, functions, loops, etc. I don't think there's any way they can write the win code, but they can write the Card structure, shuffling the deck, etc. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home