Sunday, August 07, 2005

My Empire of Dirt

So today was pretty great. I woke up at 3:30pm and since then, I've been playing City of Heroes. I made it to level 47, so now I have to get constant debt. I chose Total Focus for my power. It's a high powered melee attack. It's pretty meh at the moment because I haven't slotted damage in it. Else it's just not supposed to be effective against bosses. I'm so tired.

***
Poptarts has a contest to win an iPod: if the foil package turns red in the freezer, you win! But if it turns blue, you just froze a poptart for no reason. I suppose they're not that bad frozen. Else mine just wasn't completely frozen. But the ink turned blue, so I didn't win ... yet.

***
I sometimes hold it half a sin
To put in words the grief I feel;
For words, like Nature, half reveal
And half conceal the Soul within.

But, for the unquiet heart and brain,
A use in measured language lies;
The sad mechanic exercise,
Like dull narcotics, numbing pain.

In words, like weeds, I'll wrap me o'er,
Like coarsest clothes against the cold;
But that large grief which these enfold
Is given in outline and no more.

- Alfred lord Tennyson
"Sometimes I Hold It Half a Sin"

4 Comments:

At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you don't like frozen Pop-Tarts, you could just freeze the empty foil package, right?

 
At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or else freeze the entire box, check 'em, and then defreeze for eating purposes.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger The Narf said...

Yes, both suggestions would work. I'll probably go with freezing empty foils.

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chocolate ones are good frozen - they were handing them out at an American Idol concert Kathy and I went to. I just want to know who had the brilliant idea of freezing PopTarts in the first place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home