"Yesterday" was a day of mixed emotions. Joy, sadness, laughter, depression, walnuts. I'm kinda disappointed in the CoV pre-order, but I can't wait for the release. I'm very excited.
***
So I had finished up most of my project on Wednesday night, but I still had an essay to write and I had to study for the final. Well I thought the teacher said the essay was due at the end of lab, but apparently I'm wrong because he collected them at the beginning of lecture. So of course, I didn't have it done. I felt that my time would best be spent on the project and studying, figuring I could write the essay during lab. I suppose it was a good trade, it would have been tough trying to finish the project in lab.
So, without knowing any of the other test grades, we had to take the final. I was a bit nervous because I wasn't nervous about the test. Yeah, I know. I guess after the second test, I figured I didn't need to study much for this class. I was right. The final (which was really just test #3) was pretty simple. It was on file packing, databases, and asset building. I was a retard and wrote the wrong function for one of the questions, but it turns out that the question on the back of the page was the one I answered. The teacher said it was cool if I just wrote the question number next to my answers.
Unfortunately, the school was having a guest speaker today, which I didn't care to listen to. So instead of finishing the final and then going to lab, we had to wait from 6:30 to 9:00. And lemme say, the benches in the hallway suck bad. I went to Taco Bell with my friends and we had a good time, but it was a waste of my time.
When we got back, the teacher gave us back our test #1 results and he had graded the majority of the test #3s. Somehow, I got a 94% on test #1!!! Holy cow! I totally thought I had blown that test. Apparently the objective of the coding questions were to get the function names right, even though I didn't know any of the parameters. I got a 95% on test #3 and I'm waiting to hear about test #2. From my calculations, I need about a 92% on test #2 to get an A in the class! I'm crossing my fingers. I don't know how much he's going to take off on the essay for being late.
***
So, my amusing anecdote which occurred during break: there happen to be two girls in our ATP class. OMG! They're Associates graduates just grabbing some classes to hit the Bachelors. Anyway, our class basically divided itself into two halves: the Associates and the non-Associates. So there wasn't much communication between any of us. In essence, neither girl really took note of any of us. Which comes into play only now. While we were waiting, one of them approaches my group of friends and asks if we are indeed in her class. We are. So she proposes that we all ask the lab aide to open the door for us. She figured that he wouldn't listen to any one person, but if a group of five asked, we'd have a better chance. Well, my one friend wasn't paying much attention because he had been programming when she arrived. So he was returning from oblivion when he said, "Huh? What? Can you repeat that? Sorry I wasn't listening, I was just looking." This makes friend number two crack up. Even more so when he's trying to explain that by looking he meant staring into oblivion behind her. Two's laughter made three and I crack up as well. I'm sure she was thinking, And this is why you guys will never have girlfriends. After our laughter died down to a minimum, she explained again what she wanted us to do. I was the only one not working on the project, so I joined her. We failed and I may have insulted the lab aide, but only on accident. Once she had left the hallway, my friends discuss our failure to communicate. It got us laughing much more and I've got the feeling she could probably hear half of what we said around the hall. But now we have a new phrase to say when we haven't been paying attention. It's added to the list of great quotes such as: "I accept your apology!" and "Touch what now?" *sigh*
***
It's a trap!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home