Monday, September 26, 2005

Northwesterrrn

Today was a great day off! I finished my mp3 project. I suppose I'll eventually add more to it, or add it into an existing wrapper class. But for now, I have the code all set up and I can do whatever I want with it later.

***
Chill finally called HP/Compaq about the status of his laptop. You wouldn't guess where it is for repairs. It is in Houston!!! That explains why he hasn't heard anything about it for the past week. Ha ha. At least there haven't been many casualties due to Rita.

***
Still no word about Del's job; Chill is getting antsy. We don't really know what to say. We don't really know that he interviewed with the Dollar Tree. We don't really know if the caller was from the Dollar Tree. I wouldn't think he'd have a friend call up Chill to pretend he's got an interview, but you never know.

***
I've got my plane tickets for Christmas break. I'm flying out to Seattle to visit my older brother. Which reminds me, I should probably email him the flight schedule. I have a two hour layover in Houston on the flight there, and a two hour layover in Newark, NJ on the way back. That will be interesting. Two states I haven't been to, two hours to kill in each. The flight there doesn't seem very long since I'm gaining three hours traveling west. But on the way back, I'll be leaving at 8am (get there at 6!), and I'll be arriving at 9pm. All friggin day.

Hopefully, the book I want will be in paperback like they said. Amazon.com confirmed that Terry Goodkind's Chainfire will be released at the end of November. Oddly enough, it says a paperback edition was also published this July. I'm pretty sure I didn't see it at the Harry Potter release, so I'll assume I can't find it in stores. Either way, it'd be best to wait until December to buy it lest I be bored on the plane rides.

I don't really trust connecting flights; I had lost luggage one time that way. And of course, my retainers were in that bag. Luckily the airline returned the baggage a few days later. I'm not sure how I'll be fitting two weeks of clothes into a carry-on, though. Especially if I want to bring my laptop. We'll see.

***
Fun facts about penguins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home