Saturday, October 29, 2005

Evanescence - Bring Me to Life

So, CoV is teh awesome! I made level five by 2am. I'm disappointed that the CoV manual doesn't contain any information about powers. I'll stick to Brute for now. If I get bored, I'm make an alt later.

***
Our team has its ups and downs. Right now, I think we're just below up. The tile editor still hasn't be started. We tried today, but we ran into a stupid problem. I'm gonna hope it's running by Tuesday. But knowing my teammate, I think he'll be out partying the entire weekend.

***
Apparently some church thought it'd be a good idea to post flyers on cars about Halloween. The content was something like "Keep God in your hearts this holiday." Somehow, I never viewed Halloween as a Christian holiday. The hispanic holiday, Dia del Muertos, means "Day of the Dead". It is a time for "remembering the dead and celebrating the continuity of life." In that view, I could see how God plays a role in the holiday. Death is a good thing. But Halloween appears to be just another "Hallmark" holiday; a time to spend money. Yeah, I guess it was kinda fun as a kid, but I don't remember my parents ever going trick-or-treating with us. My older brother would hold our hands as we went house to house. If I lived in a college dorm or college apartments, I wouldn't bother doing anything this weekend. But we live in some cheap family apartments. I know there are a bunch of kids, and I know they'll be at our door in a few days. So I'm gonna have to get dressed up, and we need to buy some candy. It'll definitely be a bad thing (for my teeth) if we have leftovers.

***
Time to play CoV all weekend!

1 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger TT said...

All Hallow's Eve - the evening before the Christian holiday of All Saints Day. Yeah, the connection isn't direct.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home