Well, I suppose a lot happened yesterday, but not much today. We got our new HP/Compaq 9600s yesterday. I spent most of the afternoon re-installing programs. I don't have everything installed nor all my files restored; I think I'll be leaving a lot of my junk zipped up. So far so good!
***
I didn't really do any of the homework I should've today. I did read the next articles I'll have to summarize, so that's at least something. I have a few hours left that I could spend on the summaries, but I'm too tired. I've really done nothing today. *sigh*
I only have 3 days of AI left, although they're spread out across the next 7 days. That means my project is due next Thursday. I'm also hoping to do an extra credit project, but I don't know if I'll get around to it. If I get 100% on every other assignment/quiz, I can barely pull an A in this class. Since that is near impossible for me, I'm expecting a B. I'd prefer the A, so I should do that extra credit.
***
For some odd reason, there was a vacancy notice in our mailbox. It's a yellow slip that we got when we first moved in, asking for the new residents of the address. Problem is: we haven't moved out yet! I don't know whether it was the mailman or the apartment ladies who put it there. If I find another one in there, I'm going to ask the apartment office. I'm hoping that the mailman will just continue giving us mail w/o that in there. (We haven't gotten any mail this week! Not even junk mail.)
The new apartment has washer/dryer connections, but NO washer/dryer!!! Man, that was almost the entire point for us getting it. ("Almost" because the third bedroom was supposed to go to Chill's brother, who is no longer going to be joining us.) I guess it's too late for us to change our mind about moving though. I suppose I'll be glad to get Del into his own room, so his stuff won't be all over the living room. We'll just have to rent/buy the washer/dryer.
***
I suppose I need to apologize to Spoons and Belle for getting their presents wrong. Sorry. Did I even get the Christmas presents right? I'm not too bright.
***
Doom wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It's a good thing I wasn't expecting it to be good either (unlike the Blockbuster cashier). It's kind of a mix between Resident Evil and Alien in my opinion; though those are much better than Doom. Unfortunately, The Rock's tough guy attitude has gotten old. I'll admit, I loved wrestling when I was younger, but not any more. The movie does feature the BFG ... but I haven't played any of the Doom games. So I don't know how well they portrayed the gun or the story.
Today's movie (one reason why I didn't get much done) was Jerry Maguire. Very good movie. Though I should probably avoid romantic movies while I'm down here alone. Heh, tomorrow is Just Like Heaven (a romantic comedy with Reese Witherspoon).
***
Chill's inability to learn is getting on my nerves. He keeps asking for my help, but I can't just give him my code. If he doesn't fully understand the class, maybe he needs to retake the class. However, my life is entwined with his in this matter as well. If he failed a class and decided to just quit, I'd be screwed without his share of the rent. So it would be in my best interest to keep him happy, but it goes against my morals to help him too much. Though I suppose it is giving me experience with tutoring, since my long-term goal is to become a teacher. Still, I'd be happier if his attitude was, "Can we hurry this up? I have a raid tonight." I don't hate WoW, I hate his addiction to it. What's worse is that I want to play WoW, but I'm obligated not to because of school. (Instead, I watch movies ... something I can talk about and have real people understand. Because, you know, WoW players aren't real people.)
4 Comments:
I certainly hope you get your mail. There is a box with a surprise coming your way. Of course, I'll know if you got it because you have to sign for it and I have a tracking number to track it on the computer!
Hey, have you tried talking to Chill about this? It might help matters a little.
You got the Christmas presents right. When were you in NY/NJ, though?
I did get my surprise box; thanks Mom!
My return flight from Seattle had a lay-over in New Jersey. I don't remember what spoons I got there, though. They were mostly selling NYPD/NYFD souvenirs.
Post a Comment
<< Home