This week was preeeetty good. I've been playing games a lot recently. Eve Online and now The Battle for Middle-earth II. I have a love/hate relationship with Eve. It takes literally days to train some skills, and with a 15 day trial, I won't have enough time to get to the good stuff. However, I just bought a new ship with a buttload of guns, so I'm doing alright. The shields could be better, or the missions easier. But I am having a lot of fun with it.
At least with LotR, I can set the difficulty to easy. I like to build up a lot of guard towers around my land. The enemy doesn't last very long running through them. (And they will try to run between towers to get to my resources in the back.) Thus, siege weapons are the bane of my existance. Playing as the goblins, I don't have much defense against them. I mean, I could swarm goblins at them, or recruit a cave troll to help out, but I'd need to be aware of the enemy's presence. More often than not, I find out they've arrived because one of my towers went down. *sigh* It's really fun though, especially since it's NOT an MMO.
***
No news on my arm yet. I'm calling tomorrow to see if their computers have come back online. Else I'll be calling a different clinic. I don't want my arm fully healed the wrong way before they get around to helping me. At least I'm not in pain; though I don't think I could wait this long if I were.
***
Chill flies out to California for the Game Developer's Conference tomorrow. I wish I could go, but I'm out of funds. I've got finals Monday and Tuesday instead. Grrr. I'll actually have to stop playing games long enough to study.
1 Comments:
I don't suppose it helps to tell you that Kay is also going to California this week for a Mock UN conference?
Hope you've found out something about your arm. Although at this point it has probably pretty much healed--broken bones are usually only set for six weeks and this has been like four weeks now? I don't think there will be much else they will do unless physical therapy is indicated. Good luck with that.
Post a Comment
<< Home