Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Finals!

I love Finals Week at Full Sail. The students work quietly and I just make sure they're not obviously cheating. (Because there are very sneaky ways you can cheat.) It sucks having to walk around the room for hours in one of my classes, but at least I can rest in the others. And Finals mean I show up a few hours early and work even less time. I guess I put in a full four hours in my first Final, but the other two should only take two and a half hours. I have to see when the PG2 Final starts; I hope it's at 5pm.

Today: WP1 10am-2pm, PG1 9pm-1am
Tomorrow: Faculty Orientation 1pm-5pm, Open Lab 5pm-9pm, PG2 9pm-1pm
Friday: PG1 (Final) 5pm-8pm
Saturday: Open Lab 5pm-9pm, PG2 (Final) 9pm-12am?
Sunday: Holiday Party 6pm-10pm

The Holiday Party is at Disney's Pleasure Island. Full Sail rented out two bars for that four hour time period. After 10pm, the bars are open to the public. Unfortunately, I'll be driving, so I won't be drinking. *sigh*

***
City of Heroes!!! The Veteran Rewards went into effect a few weeks ago. The wings are really cool, and I also like the trench coats. The trench coats need a bit of improvement, though. They're really lacking COH's pattern variations. It's only leather and there are no patterns. You can only change colors for it (inside and out). The sleeves have the most options: full, tattered, tattered short, and none. I don't like the look of the full sleeves, so I've done tattered short or none for my characters. It's totally awesome though! I can't wait for them to actually put patterns on the back. I'm expecting that we'll also be able to place the emblems back there.

The wings flap when you're jumping or flying. That's cool since I jump a lot more often than fly. It's a good thing I upped my RAM; I can handle the additional polys with no worries.

The Winter Event is supposed to start tomorrow. By the look of my schedule, I doubt I'll be playing any. I should be able to get on this weekend. I'm so excited!

***
I noticed that there's a Monster Manual IV now. Anyone bought it yet? I've long since given up on D&D, especially buying non-core rulebooks. I really like D&D, I just don't like paying for it. There's also the Races of Stone, Races of Destiny, etc. books. I'm not sure I'd read them more than once.

I'm thinking about starting up a D&D group down here. Del and Blade would play (schedules permitting) and I'd need to find two more. Del has a few friends at work interested in playing, but I'm not sure I like them. Kinda the annoying loser type. Ah well.

I was also thinking about renewing my DDO subscription, but I doubt I'll do that. I don't really have friends on that game. Plus I'm paying for CoH to get the Vet Rewards. Kinda regret ever canceling my CoH account ... but not too much.

***
Pi Project: I read that the world record for memorizing pi is 100,000 digits. The guy had set the previous record at 86,000. And the guy before him had been at 46,000. I'm curious to see how far I can get. It's a long-term project for sure, but it interests me. It also gives me an excuse to have pi on my business card. As it is, I'm up to 30 digits. Thirty digits may seem like a lot, but it isn't really. And by sounds like a lot, I mean how many people know more than 3.14? But 30 decimal places is a joke compared to 100,000 or even just 1,000. So ... I'm gonna keep on this for a while. I should have 100 by Pi Day (March 14th). We'll see. I practice using the NumPad too, so it helps my fingers remember the patterns.

What I've got so far:
3.141592653589793238462643383279

1 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger TT said...

So, which clubs at Pleasure Island are rented for the Holiday Party? If it included Adventurer's Club I'd hang out there all night and not miss drinking a bit! Mmmmmm, Adventurer's Club. I think you can even get a virgin Kungaloosh.

You can get by without buying any other D&D books, even playing Living Greyhawk (which I know you don't). Monster Manual IV is certainly not necessary for players. I pick up some of the books, but in a lot of cases I do it more to support the vendors who are friends (Phil and Lon). I haven't tried to pick up all or even most of them recently. It's probably a bigger deal to keep up with for the Xen'drik games, but ... meh.

Seems like you should get together a group an play Blackmoor, since you have Dave Arneson right there! Do you do know there's essentially a Living Blackmoor campaign (not called than, and not through RPGA). I've played a few of those modules.

I've used 7 digits of pi (8, including the '3') for quite a while. Never had much urge to memorize more. And by used I mean I can rattle them off. If I actually have to "use" pi I push that button on a calculator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home