Well ... I'm getting worse at the online deal. Since my Saturday class has been moved to 1pm - 9pm, my Arkanoids project is due earlier. So I've been tuning that up, totally neglecting MS Online. I spent about an hour and a half trying to get a background wav file. I had a 47mb wav song, but that was too big. So I tried cutting off most of it, but it wouldn't open in Sound Recorder. I then used the microphone to record 42 seconds of it, but that came out with static. Then I tried playing a midi file instead. Since that would involve lots more code, I looked for a midi to wav converter. The trial converters suck, so Chill advised me to just look online for videogame wavs. Well those suck even more. Most were sound effects or midis. Eventually I stumbled across a site explaining how to make Winamp convert midis to wavs. So I did. My program went from 49mb to 5mb. A little big, but oh well. I could try to find a better background song, but I stuck with the airship from Final Fantasy I.
***
I had to wake up early today for a Financial Aid appointment. Testing out of those two classes was a great move. I saved $3k. Funny thing is, when that data had been entered into the computer, the secretary (or whomever) had entered one class as Payment Reimbursement, the other class as Parking Violation Fee. Must be some good parking to get $1200 back.
Eventually I'll get around to contact my cosigner about the student loan renewal. ;) Good news is that year two will come in one payment check, instead of two checks. And it appears that I can live on $1k/mo (with a roommate) and that cheers me up greatly. That means I could potentially live on a $12k annual salary. And since that's fairly low for entry programmers (and very low for higher levels), I don't doubt that I can pay off that loan in a few years. The key is to get a job upon graduation. Even if I didn't get a salary job, a 40 hr job while living with parents would eventually pay it off. Granted, I don't know which of my parents I'd really want to live with. Though I'm pretty sure I want to live with someone. It'd be pretty lonely living all by myself. I mean, working long hours on a game wouldn't leave me with much time for anything else, but my studio apartment would get dull quick. Open door, sleep on floor, day over.
***
Crossing our fingers here, our air conditioner may have broken again. We're not sure, but we'll find out in the morning.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home